Thursday, January 28, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

The good news is this...I no longer feel like roadkill!!! I was taken off display on Monday morning. I was told I was the applicant chosen to be the Phlebotomy Supervisor at Logan Regional Hospital!!! I am so super excited and freaked out by this. I have so many ideas of what I want to not only change but IMPROVE. I want so badly for everyone to enjoy coming to work again! I want to have a good, trusting relationship with my department. I know it will be hard work and I will spend many many hours getting things done. But I know it will be rewarding and I will find great joy in the happiness my department feels.

So the rest of the lab was told on Tuesday night. I spent most of the day dodging questions and pleading the 5th. I was so relieved when the email was sent and I no longer needed to avoid all eye contact. Everyone seems to have welcomed the change with open arms. I have been congratulated by so many people and I know they are all pulling for me. So that is helping my nerves to calm down a bit. I work with some really great people and I look forward working closer with some of them.

The Phlebs seem to be really excited about the change. I know they will be bringing lots of concerns and things to my attention. I am just happy to be in a position where they feel they can come to me! I am so excited to get to know them on a different level and help them succeed. We have a great group of people in the department and I am excited to see the teamwork deepen.

I knew that everyone would have their own ideas of what can be improved on. But I will have to get used to being stopped in the hallway for a quick "Can I talk to you for a minute?" But I would much rather be in the loop than out of it!

There are so many new things coming out in the Lab. I am excited to be a part of the planning process. And even if this means lots of meetings, long days and late nights. I am ready and willing. I know this will be for sure one of the hardest things I have ever done. I know it will be worth it!

So when I am feeling really bogged down and discouraged. Because I know those days will come. Please remind me of this post and ask me to go read it! I have written this to remind myself that I got myself into this and I am going to make it work! But I needed to write the warm fuzzy thoughts now so I can refer back to them later! After all this entire process is going to be all about planning ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Aub! We're so excited for you! It can be hard changing from fellow employee to boss. People seem to not realize that you are doing it because it's your job now, but blame it on a power trip. Remember that they will get used to it. It's a bit of an adjustment, but you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubery, CONGRATS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!! you will do a great job. You are so good with people and smart and very insightful, you will totally rock!!
    my love and prayers are with you always!!!

    ReplyDelete