Sunday, January 3, 2010

The time has come...

The walrus said to speak of many things. Of snails and ships and ceiling wax and cabbages and kings. I am only kidding about all that. I will not devote an entire post to this poem or whatever it is. All I know is that my dad used to say it all the time! So now that I have enjoyed a trip down memory lane for a minute I will be moving on.

It is the start of a new year. And this brings about lots of Resolutions. Oh... the dreaded word, the one that makes you think of all the things you did not get done last year. The word that gets us all excited for a little while and then is quickly forgotten. But not this year!!! I have decided that the best way to stick to them is write them down. So this is more for me than anything else.

2010...
I will read my scriptures daily.
I will pray morning and night, and not the "I will just pray laying down tonight."
I will continue to be a Full Tithe Payer.
I will go through the Temple.
I will read the entire Book of Mormon.
I will be better at keeping a journal. (I know somebody will want to read my life story someday.)
I want to make random acts of service a part of me everyday life.
I will exercise regularly. And learn to like it!
I will loose XX pounds!!!! (I love you all but I am not sure I am comfortable telling the world this number.) But know that when it starts coming off I will post those numbers proudly!
I will pay off all debts, but my car will take longer than a year.
I will save money. So I can start school back up in the fall!! RN is in the works!

I know there are lots of things I can improve on in my life. But I feel this is a good place to start. I am more excited to get to work on this list than I ever have been before. I am ready for big changes to happen in my life. However I know there are things I can do to help them along! I am going to try and look at this year as a blank slate that I get to decorate the way I see fit. I am ready 2010, lets see what you have in store for me!



2 comments:

  1. Those are awesome goals!!! Keven Todd and I sat down last night to establish our goals too. I'm working on the post.... Let me know what I can help you with in your goals!! Support is part of the plan. I'm wanting to run another half marathon in April, there's a 5k that day too... if you're interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! You are such an awesome person and can do it! Anything the mind can conceive of it can achieve!

    ReplyDelete