Sunday, April 29, 2012

There is a time and a place...

First of all you should know that I LOVE quotes and sayings! I love the funny ones, the inspirational ones, the kinds that make you think "I have so done that" and everything in between. I do however think they are places that adding a quote/saying can make the reader uncomfortable. (At this point I will give you the chance to hit that little back button and not read any further... This is about to get girly and fringing on the T.M.I side of things.)

I know that all females have a little visitor each moth. We all wish could get stranded elsewhere. If you are anything like me this is never the case. Sometimes this visitor even have the nerve to show up a day or two early. Or even worse, the visitor will show up a couple days late, just to add suspense to the impending doom. This is something we all deal with and have gotten used to over the years.(Warning: Here comes the T.M.I part... it is still not to late to abandon ship and stop reading.) The other day while taking care of said visitor, I happened to look at the wrapper of my tampon and noticed printed there all proudly were the words "Live your Dreams!" That is fine thing to say and even strive for. But who is their right mind wants to be told to "Live their dreams" while dealing with Menstruation?!? And what kind of sick person thought that printing words of encouragement on a Tampon wrapper was a good idea. Tampax Sport or otherwise?!?!

Upon further inspection of the rest in the box, you know just to make sure I did not find the only one with a message. Heck maybe I had won 1 million dollars or something!! No such luck for me, they all have words of encouragement on them. Here are a few of my favorites: "You can do it", "If at first you don't succeed, try again", "Believe in yourself", "You are in charge here", "Never give up" and my favorite "Victory!"

If you stop and think about it and given the nature of the product some of these are rather funny. Actually I guess some of these words of encouragement might have come in handy during trial and error period of tampon usage. But then again... Most girls are so upset but the idea to even take a second longer to look at the package than necessary!! Those were not good times and I do not think reading warm fuzzy messages would have it any less disturbing.

I am firm believer that this line of work should be left to the writers of fortune cookies! But until this happens, I invite you all to grab a box and see what your Tampon Fortune will be!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens! I had no idea Tampons could be so encouraging! Thanks for the laugh today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one word Aubs: Diva! I promise you never get an encouraging word there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are few people in this world that experience joy like I see in you and my sweet sister ( your roomie) Thanks for that joy I am blessed with because of great possitive people like you!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete