Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hairballs, Heaving and Happenings!

We all know that there will come a time in our lives when we must purchase a bottle of Drain-o. This is not a purchase to be taken lightly. If you are at all like me then this may be a little glimpse into your own life... OK you there you are brushing your teeth or taking a shower. You notice the water is not leaving the premises as quickly as you would like. However is not taking so long that you feel there it is time to take measures toward fixing it! So you let it continue for a while, thinking it could have been a moment of insanity that caused you to think such foolish thoughts. You think to yourself that perhaps you were just in a hurry and impatient with said water. Then you let it continue a little bit longer, all the while getting rather annoyed. But now you know that you are not insane, but rather the water is truly starting to backed up. Now it is a matter of 2 things...1-Making a trip to the store to get a can of Drain-o. 2- Remembering when at the store to actually pick up said can of Drain-o. (I will admit it took me 3 trips before I remembered!) But then the time comes when you are not willing to put it off any longer. What is "The Moment?" I believe the breaking point for most people is very simple. There you are taking a shower, the water is hot, the soap is refreshing, all is well. Until you notice that your feet are taking a BATH! That is right there is now standing water in the bottom of the shower and something must be done NOW!!!

Instead of Drain-o Heather saved the day and come over with her Drain Snake!

You see I was there very thoughtfully looking over the many varieties of drain cleaner. Why must there be so many? If they all do the same thing why then do we need 12 options? It was at this point in my dilemma when Heather took pity on me. She said I could use her snake and take care of the problem. I told her SHE was more than welcome to come use her snake and take care of the problem. I told her I could not stomach it and there is no way I could dig things out of my drain! This is when she took pity on me once again and agreed to do the deed for me!

She came over tonight snake in hand and ready to take on the drain. I was doing OK being there watching her. That is until she began to pull and it just kept coming. It was like the handkerchief trick done by clowns across the world. But this was coming from the drain not a sleeve. I was actually sickened by the sight. I have to leave the room to avoid heaving! I must say this in our defense I do not believe the drain had been cleaned ever!

But now the drain is running smoothly! I am not out the money for a bottle of Drain-o that I do not believe would have done the job. I am positive that this was to much for that bottle of chemicals. I did however take Heather to dinner to pay her back! The drain-o may have been cheaper, but this way I was able to get a clean drain and dinner with Weasel!

In other news my job is going good. I am still not sure what I am doing most of the time. And I have noticed... Meeting, e-mails and "Can I talk you for a minute?" are never ending. I do not have the answers to most things, but I am willing to look into it. I know that working an 18 hour shift is really hard! Especially if you do that only 6 hours ofter a 10 hour shift. I am learning that saying no is not that hard. I am seeing how much stress I can handle. Much to my surprise it is more than I thought. It is nice to feel the respect and support form the team. I am enjoying most aspects of this new adventure. However it is OK to say I am looking forward to a vacation!

Oh and I have lost 16 lbs!!! Well on my way to reach one of my New Years Resolution's by my birthday! All in all life is good!

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Never buy a house that you have to remodel then. :) I'm with you on the disgustingness that happens in bathroom showers. That was probably one of my biggest challenges in having roommates in college. AHHHH!!!! Congrats on your new years resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to make "I do not have the answers to most things, but I am willing to look into it" into my mantra. That attitude will help you go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!! I just bought some drain-o tonight!!!!
    So happy work is going good for you!!

    You are awesome!! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks ladies! You are all so good to me! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 16lbs!!!! That is so awesome. What are you doing to lose it? Oh, and your drain story made me about throw up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing is more gross than seeing that giant hairball come out of a drain and thinking how 99% of that hair is NOT mine or my family's, Cause I just bought the house!!!

    ReplyDelete