Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A rose by any other name...

William Shakespeare said a "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." I agree with this statement with my whole heart! However I do not agree that this applies to all things in life. For instance lets go with the work "Walker" Maybe some things that came into your mind were along these lines...Babies learning to walk, Elderly people in need of a little assistance, a stick used on a hike and last but not least "Walker Texas Ranger."


If you think this is going to be a post about one the worlds greatest crime fighter...You my friend are wrong. I wish I was about to tell you of a strapping middle aged, but still rather attractive man who has taken a liking to me. But those sorts of things don't happen in my world. Lets be honest I am not all that heart broken about the middle aged part. I know I am getting old and all but not middle aged quite yet.
There is however is a short, hairy, older man that has taken a liking to me. He comes in to the lab far to often. Complete mug that could double as a swimming pool for baby ducks and his Walker! So that is what I call him. Walker. And let me just tell you he is no Walker Texas Ranger! He is not somebody I would ever care to spend more time with than totally necessary. I try to avoid him and pretend I am really busy when he does come in. But there are always those times that I am caught off guard. In these cases he will try to scare me. Or if I am really "lucky" he will get really close and say something along these lines: I love those scrubs darling, You look great today, I like the way you curled your hair. (If you need to go throw up and come back I can wait.)
OK first things first: Scrubs are not attractive. I mean if you think a tent is attractive then you may like them. But as a general rule they are never going to make the front page of the latest fashion magazine. And I am a creature of habit and therefore curl my hair the same everyday. Or sometimes I get really crazy and trow it into a wet bun!!! So if case I have not painted this picture good enough for you....I would never say I look my best at work!!!
Why is it that I always attract the really strange men in the world?? Perhaps I have an inflated opinion of myself. And rather than fight it just accept that I am a strange girl and that is the reason. This seems to be an ongoing problem in my life and I am not ready to accept my fate. So I will still coutinue the quest to find my own non-strange version of "Walker!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Aubs! You make me laugh! Maybe you should just flirt back. It would probably freak him out and then he'd leave you alone! I sure love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Hilarious and creepy at the same time. You crack me up! I agree with Nelson flirt back a little it may stop him in his tracks... ha ha You're not strange there are just some creepos in the world and because you're sweet you they are attracted good luck with Walker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep telling you, he will be the guy that leaves you 3 million dollars 'cause you were the only person in the world who was kind to him! Keep being yourself, it's what makes EVERYONE love you!

    ReplyDelete