Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just a little something I know.

Today while in Relief Society I was doing some soul searching. You night think I was not paying attention to the lesson and daydreaming about rainbows and ponies instead. However I was doing nothing of the sort. I was thinking about all the things I know about my Savior. Our lesson was on the life of Christ. That is something that we could all probably spend more time learning about and trying to replicate.

We were asked to think of our favorite story of his life and then share our feelings. One of my very favorite is the "Ye without sin cast the first stone." I love the way it makes me think before passing judgement. I know I am not perfect and will not come across a single person that is perfect. So because of that I owe those I come in contact the same respect I am hoping to get from them.

We also sang hymn 136 "I know that My Redeemer Lives." I love this hymn, it is by far one of my favorites. I was thinking of the truths testified of in that song and I had a hard time not letting the tears fall... Here are just some lines that spoke so loudly to me today.

I know that my Redeemer lives.
What comfort this sweet sentence gives!
He lives to bless me with his love.
He lives to plead for me above.
He lives my hungry soul to feed.
He lives to bless in time of need.
He lives to comfort me when faint.
He lives to hear my souls complaint.
He lives to silence all my fears.
He lives to wipe away my tears.
He lives to calm my troubles heart.
He lives my kind wise heavenly friend.
He lives and loves me to the end.
He lives to grant me daily breath.
He lives and I shall conquer death.
He lives my mansion to prepare.
He lives to bring me safely there.
He lives all glory to his name!
Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives: "I know that my Redeemer lives!!

He lives and he loves each of us! It brings me so much happiness and peace that I can say that with complete confidence!

1 comment:

  1. That was a wonderful way to start my Monday morning! Thanks for the little reminder!!

    ReplyDelete