Friday, April 16, 2010

Being born was the easy part.

Well I have made it to the ripe OLD age of 28. Pretty sure that number will take some getting used to! You see I have decided this morning that being born was mere child's play. Well compared to the rest of life. I mean for me it was a piece of cake. Don't get me wrong I was totally ticked off and come out ready to tell everyone exactly how I felt about it. Only I had not learned to speak the language of those around me. So out of utter disgust I just cried. I am certain that things were harder on my mom. She after all had to endure the labor and such. Sure I was cold, cheesy, had my eyes covered in some sort of goo, was poked and prodded in all kids of ways. But no matter how unsightly I may have looked at that moment. EVERYONE thought I was the sweetest, prettiest and most perfect baby girl. I had my entire family wrapped around my finger in no time. Yeah, you could say life was good!

And life is still good. I have much to be thankful for. My family, my friends, my job, the Gospel, my heath and even the fact that I am turning 28! You see I was a sick little thing and my Mom tells the story of looking at me through the window as they were getting ready to Life flight me out. She asked the question to me Grandma "What if he needs her more than I do?"

Have no fear folks there I was not ready to go back just yet. I am thankful that my 1 month old self decided to hang in there a little longer. I would have missed out on so much had I only had 1 month of this "Earth Life Fun." So I am thankful I am here.

But I will be honest I am having a hard time with the whole 28 thing. I guess it is because if you round up I am 30!!! How did this happen? I sort of feel like my life is in a continuous circle with no end and nothing in sight to shkae things up. I had no idea that my life would look like this at 28. Oh how I had plans for my life and they have sort of... Not happened.

But there is still time. At least I hope there is. Sometimes life is just hard. And often around our Birthdays that we get all reflective. So after much soul searching I have come to this conclusion: Being born was the easy part. The rest of life is when things get tricky. All we can do is enjoy the ride the best we can.

So I will grab my helmet, buckle up and see what the next 28 years has is store.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday - whenever the special day is/was!

    I love that you round up to 30, because that allows me to round down to 30!! Thanks!!!!

    So yeah, I know your feelings. Normally I have been very excited for my birthdays, but for some reason as I'm coming up to this year's birthday, it looked bleak. Until I decided to throw myself a surprise party. To which you will definitely be invited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It is so nice to know I am not alone in my feelings! I am excited about your Suprise Party!!! And thanks for the Birthday wish! It is today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aub,
    Enjoyed your blog entry, as usual. And I agree with Sarah - if I round down we are the same age!!! You are a fabulous person, loved by so many and we are all blessed to have you with us! I am glad that you decided that 1 month was not long enough for your experience. After all you weren't named Aubrey Linn Bailey Foltz Gray Stinky Bug Lover Loo Poo on a log 'Mon the Bottom until you were like three. I would have missed you, and so would so many other people in this world! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and by the way, I know when your birthday is, I just didn't read this post until a few days later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one am very glad you stayed! April 16th what a good day for a birthday! I concure being born was the easy part... I am just a month away from 28 and same as you I don't know what I pictured my life being like but it never ceases to suprise me... on thing that has me not dreading 30 though is that is when Women are the most driven... bring it on if I thought 20s were full of life that means the 30s will only be better... its the 40s when it all starts to go the opposite direction :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete